- IFDA offers Customized Training across all levels (Board, Senior Management, Branch staff) on different thematic areas ranging from business planning (including managerial and leadership skills) to basics of microfinance concepts and other emerging topics in the microfinance industry.
- Training of Trainers (ToT) is provided to the organization for building its internal capacity to train their staff members.
- Training Needs Assessment (TNA) is conducted beforehand to understand the organization’s requirements and modify the training material accordingly.
As per the need of the hour, IFDA team members are also accustomed to providing virtual training given our understanding of the Myanmar culture.
- IFDA specializes in Developing Various Policies ranging from Code of Conduct, Operational Manual, Delinquency Management Policy, etc. to comply in line with the latest microfinance regulations and best international practices.
- Credit Scoring Tool is designed for institutions to conduct data-driven loan appraisals. It is developed based on the customer profile and cash flow analysis which is consistent with the operational policy and other key policies of the MFI.
- IFDA’s Business Planning services helps MFIs to grow their business by setting future directions. The key component includes competition analysis, institutional assessment including SWOT analysis, and business projections. Product Design is a sub-component of business planning services where IFDA analyses the needs of the customers and existing products offered by competitors fulfilling those needs. Thus, based on the scope of the market, we help to design products and services.
- Under Process Mapping, IFDA compiles the entire process of any department/product for analysis, identifying risks and opportunities for increasing productivity and profitability, standardizing procedures, and increasing client satisfaction.
- Client Protection Assessment is conducted by the IFDA expert team to help institutions prepare for client protection certification by effectively addressing the gaps identified during the assessment process. The policies and practices of the institution related to 7 principles of Client Protection are analyzed in detail and time-bound solutions are provided.
- IFDA offers Due Diligence for investors/MFIs to provides key risks and recommendations, which serves as an important tool to make an informed decision for potential investment. This includes analysis of institutional profile, quality of loan portfolio and operations, management systems, and a status of Client Protection Principles (CPP) followed by the institution.
- IFDA conducts Loan Portfolio Audit (LPA) to ensure compliance with local regulations and identify key potential risks in the system which can have a negative impact on the loan portfolio from an MFI perspective. The client coverage in the LPA exercise is higher as the quality of the portfolio is traced using the bottom-up approach: client records to institutional data.
- Third-party Internal Audit is conducted using nearly 200 parameters to identify the gaps at the field level. This ensures the institution is following the guidelines prescribed by the regulator and overcome any operational challenge which might hinder growth in the future.
GRADING & VALUATION
- Grading is offered to Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) to estimate both the absorptive capacity and estimated risk associated when lending to them. The MFIs are assessed on the following factors; Capital and Debt Raising Capacity, Asset Quality, Management Quality, Earnings, Liquidity Management, and Sustainability on a scale of M1 to M8 in descending order. A tier-based grading tool is designed considering the gross loan portfolio of various MFIs working in Myanmar.
*IFDA has signed business cooperation with A-Cra, the first credit rating agency in Myanmar for providing expertise on Gradings to MFIs and FOs.
- IFDA’s Equity Valuation service helps the investor/institution find the right value for an organization thus helping in any future transaction or complying with the regulatory guidelines. Considering the MFI model which serves low-income households coupled with the relative scarcity of comparable information on microfinance institutions, IFDA’s rich experience is critical to minimize information gaps in the equity valuation process.
RESEARCH & EVALUATION
- IFDA undertakes active research with target communities to identify their needs and understand what will work and how. Our Participatory Intervention Design assures targeted livelihood promotion of the community is achieved effectively and helps in decreasing the risk of outcomes. Our well-designed projects help improving accountability, resource management, reliability, and overall sustainability.
- IFDA tracks both implementation and outputs systematically. We provide independent assessment and feedback of the projects for greater transparency and accountability to all stakeholders involved. We conduct Early Performance Evaluation for course alignment, Mid-Term Evaluation for corrective strategies as well as End-Term Project Evaluation to measure the effectiveness of the program.
- As a means of creating sustainable policy change, IFDA undertakes Policy Briefs and document their feedback and acceptability. We strive towards greater civic engagement by being a spokesperson for poor communities. We help collect information towards current trends, ideation for futuristic policy formulation, and refinement of existing public policies towards the better good of the democracies.
- For a sustainable farm-based livelihood promotion for rural poor, the importance of the entire Value Chain Intervention has gained significant importance since the beginning of this millennium. IFDA helps organizations in identifying the commodity for agri-value chain intervention in harmony with the socio-cultural food habit as well as suitable to the local agro-climatic conditions and other natural resources.
- We emphasize the collaborative Data-Driven Actionable Approach to research and decision making for effective resource allocations. With quantifiable results, our clients are better prepared to respond to the ever-changing project situations and determine what worked, whatnot, and why.